Let’s discover monetary policy!
A new edition of the Generation €uro Students' Award competition starts very soon. Don't miss the information sessions on October 8 in English and October 10 in French.
Preparations are being finalised to launch the seventh edition of Generation €uro in Luxembourg, the educational competition aimed at young people to better understand monetary policy in the euro area.
This is why we invite you, teachers and students, to two information sessions, of your choice, which will allow you to better understand the competition:
- A session in English on 8 October, from 14:00 to 16:00, at the Didactic Centre of the Banque centrale du Luxembourg, 43, avenue Monterey;
- A session in French, on 10 October, from 14:00 to 16:00 at the Athénée de Luxembourg, 24 Boulevard Pierre Dupong, the school which won the previous edition.
To register to one of these sessions, send an email until October 6 (extended deadline) to email@example.com indicating which session you wish to attend and the number of students who will be present.
The Generation €uro competition is composed of three rounds:
- An online quiz with 30 questions. Deadline of 24 November 2019;
- An essay consisting of writing a monetary policy decision. Deadline of 22 January 2019;
- An oral presentation of the monetary policy decision. This will take place in March 2019.
High school students participate in the competition in teams of 3 to 5 students. They are supervised by a teacher.
You can learn more by watching this video, which summarizes a previous edition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2fYyl7_PQE
Further information is available in the FAQ and in the teachers' brochure.
We look forward to seeing you all on October 8 or 10!